With a glass carafe on a warming plate. 1.25 litre capacity.
Available in polished silver, matt black, white, red, orange, royal blue, fresh green, yellow pepper, turquoise and pink and anodised brass and copper.
Note: The anodised Brass and Copper versions are $495
Use Filter #4
- Brew time 5-6 minutes• Aluminium housing• Illuminated on/off switch• Copper boiling element with double safety guard
- Automatically switches off power to the boiling element when water reservoir is empty• Automatically switches off hotplate after 40 minutes • Mixing lid for a homogenous brew
- 9 hole spray head for efficient wetting of the coffee grounds
- Two temperature settings for warming plate
- Dimensions W-D-H (mm): 325 x 170 x 355
MOCCAMASTER : Classic
Directions for use
The Moccamaster is easy to use and to maintain.
Directions for use:
- Fill the water reservoir with fresh cold water Place paper or reusable filter into the brew basket
- Put the ground coffee into the filter – the scoop provided holds 10 grams
- Rule of thumb is 50 to 60 grams of coffee per litre of water
- Ensure the drip stop lever on the filter basket is up in the top Open position.
- Switch on the power button. Enjoy!
The Moccamaster requires very little maintenance however to keep the machine in top condition, we recommend that removable parts are cleaned regularly. It is also a good idea to run a cleaning agent through the machine every now and then. This will not de-scale the machine but will efficiently clean the machine from coffee oil residue to ensure a premium cup of coffee. We recommend Clean-Drop for this purpose.
We also recommend de-scaling the machine after every 100 brews or every three months or so. This is also dependent on the water quality in your area and is recommended to prevent build up of limescale which will affect the function of the machine. Please note that the warranty is void if the machine fails due to limescale.
A simple way to de-scale the machine is to use household vinegar mixed with water as below:
Mix half a litre of vinegar and half a litre of water and pour into the water reservoir and start the machine. After this cycle is complete, rinse out with two cycles of water. Done!